Gallery

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

KENYAN CELEBS REMEMBER JACKO

As the world mourns the death of the greatest pop icon ever, Three Kenyan celebs give their own thoughts on the same. Michael Jackson, 50, died early Thursday afternoon after suffering a cardiac at his Holmby Hills home. Paramedics were unable to revive him.


RUFFTONE – VITA500 BRAND AMBASSADOR, PRODUCER AND MUSICIAN
“I think it is a funny thing that he has become an instant hero now that he is dead. I saw on TV a fan who almost fainted when they were told Michael Jackson is dead. For me, it is a difficult lesson to learn that you are never indispensable and there are really never any superstars. Look at Jackson’s life. He died in a rented house, his home was repossessed, he lived in a foreign country, Bahrain, for a long time after America and the world had forgotten him. After his child molestation trial his musical career was brought down just like that. The UK tour was to help him make a financial comeback, now he’ll make a musical one. Despite his musical success people ditched him and now that he is dead people are still thinking of ways to cash in. It is a big lesson for me as an artiste that there is nothing like a super star.”


PIERRA MAKENA – ACTOR AND FILMMAKER
“I’m terribly crashed by his death. He was the big star I listened to growing up. I was also waiting eagerly for his South African tour, because I heard last year that he was going to do one. The world did not treat Michael the way he should have been treated. You know what Quincy Jones said, ‘It’s a surprise that guys were not really nice to him when he was alive, and now that he is dead they are all teary and sad.’ I think people should have just treated him as a star; after all we all have our weaknesses. And for that people judged him harshly. Despite all that he is still my hero.”

AMANI – SINGER
“I still look up to him. I’m a pop artiste and he is the Kind of pop. I loved listening and watching his performances during his world tours, he was my inspiration. I still believe he will make a commercial come back. The only other pop icons that equal his legendary status in my opinion are Mariah Carey, U2 and Madonna.

No comments:

Post a Comment