Gallery

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Producer claims Sanaipei and Calif short changed him



RnB diva Sanaipei Thande and Big shot production house Calif Records are being accused of plagarism but have come out fighting.
Producer Ruff Enuff is accusing the two of using his original composition to come up with the song Najuta. Ruff claims he produced the song in 2007 before the election and gave the copy of the CD to the Sanaipei.
“I’m a bitter man, Sanaipei did not pay for the track and has not called me ever since,” he said adding that the Calif Records production that was released is a “a copy and paste of my original track. The only difference is that they changed the last part, where I had used live violins and I guess they couldn’t get one to do that for them.”
Ruff says the song he produced was also titled Najuta and all that he wants is for his track to be rightfully credited for his efforts.
In her defence however, Sanaipei says, “I wrote the song and he made the first track I wasn’t pleased with it the track. I re-recorded the song, I’m not saying he is not the original producer, but he recorded the track on dead air at Clemo’s. He has no rights to this song.”
On the issue of payment she says: “I did not pay for it because I did not use his track.”
A Calif Records rep also denies Ruff Enuff’s claims saying, “The track laying was done from scratch. If you listen to the beat it is a continuation to her hit song with Jua Cali, Kwaheri. Calif has a stock of tracks that we haven’t used yet. These claims are ridiculous. Also why is he making an issue now when the song is a hit?”

No comments:

Post a Comment