Gallery

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Con artist caught red-handed by East FM staff

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Alert East FM staff members on Wednesday refused to fall for the same con twice in a row when a con artist who swindled them and other businesses of thousands of shillings last year popped up at their offices telling the exact same sob story he told them a year ago.
The man who claims to be a Tanzanian called Mohammed Abdul Albashir showed up at the East FM offices in Lion Place, Westlands unaware he had pulled a fast one on the same firm a year ago when they were based in Baricho Road.
For those who may be unaware of the man’s story, Albashir says he was lured from Dar es Salaam, where he is a mechanic with promises of a better paying job by a former workmate now in Nairobi.
“My former workmate stole all my money, Sh50,000 and all the clothes I had on and left me for dead. I now sleep at a police station.”
East FM producer Javed Kana told Word Is that this was the same story that in march last year caused the station’s staff to raise some cash for a ticket home to Dar as well as for food. But Albashir was a no-show.
When his sad story aired on the station, their worst fears were confirmed when other business owners called up to say they had been taken in by the same guy.
This time around the savvy East FM staff sent the fellow off after a serious tongue-lashing and now want everyone to be on the alert for this fraudster.

No comments:

Post a Comment